Thursday 15 November 2012

Level 3 descriptors


Here are some targets to help you move onto to level 3b: I will

·        Practice saying what I want to write, ahead of writing it.

·        Link my writing to the subject I have to write about.

·        Adapt my writing to the needs of the intended audience.

·        Use appropriate feature of the type of writing I have to do.

·        Use enough description to help my story unfold e.g. of settings.

·        Include humour and suspense to make my writing lively when needed.

·         Begin sentences in the writing in different ways e.g. with time connectives or with action.

·        Use descriptive and other powerful words relevant to the situation.

·        Reread my sentences to check that I have used the right punctuation marks.

·        When I express my opinion, I will use generalisation words like ‘ ‘always’ ‘sometimes’ ‘never’ ‘rarely’.

·        Learn all the spellings for my year group and use them in my writing.

·        My handwriting is joined, regular and legible.

No comments:

Post a Comment