Sunday 11 November 2012

Level 4 descriptors


Here are some targets to help you move onto to level 5: I will

·        Use appropriate feature of the type of writing I have to do.

·        Use planning and writing frames, pair and talking partners to plan and structure my writing.

·        Use a range of ways to present my writing e.g. tables, captions, headings, subheadings, diagrams and labels, speech and thought bubbles, enlarged, bold or italicised text.

·        Use imaginative and varied vocabulary.

·        Deliberately choose the order of my words to improve effects of my writing on the reader

·        Use effective words for e.g. humour, mood, and suspense.

·        For different types of writing, use different types of connectives to compose complex sentences e.g. connectives that signal time; that signal cause and effects; that compare and contrast. Etc.

·        Break the rule to create special effects e.g. by creating new words that help show my meaning more clearly.

·        Use the full range of advanced punctuation marks – ‘ . ? ! “” ; : - () -- ...  

·        Develop an individual style of handwriting.

No comments:

Post a Comment