Wednesday 14 November 2012

Level 3 descriptors


Here are some targets to help you move onto to level 3a: I will

·        Use appropriate feature of the type of writing I have to do.

·        Practice saying what I want to write, ahead of writing it.

·        Use my imagination based on what I already know when describing places and events in stories.

·        Use powerful and exciting words to jazz up my writing in order to add variety and interest.

·        Make my description of characters include their feelings and emotions if appropriate.

·        Make sure ideas are relevant and not introduce new and unrelated ones into any part of my writing.

·        Keep a dictionary of new and interesting words I come across in my reading and elsewhere and use these to make my writing more interesting.

·        Learn all the spelling words in my year group list and use them in my writing.

·        Use a dictionary and thesaurus to extend my vocabulary.

·        Learn when to use these punctuation marks – ‘ . ? “” ; : - () -- ...

·        Reread my writing to make sure that I have used the punctuation marks correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment