Here are some targets to help you move onto to level 2c: I will
· Practice saying what I want to write, before I write it.
· Make the beginning of my writing interesting so that the reader wants to read more.
· Make sure others can read my writing without me.
· Include more than one idea and more than one character in my writing.
· Write about three or more sentences about each idea in my writing.
· Stretch the sounds in the words I need to write so that I can spell it correctly.
· Remember to use capital and full stops in most of the sentences in my writing.
· Write the personal pronoun ‘I’ with a capital letter.
· Use my spelling list to check any words I am unsure of.
· Learn my spelling patterns so that I can write words I am not sure of correctly.
· Check that I have not used capital letters in the middle of sentences.
· Check that I have left spaces between the words in my sentences.
· Begin to join my simple sentences together using connectives like ‘and’, ‘but’ ‘then’.
· Use simple descriptive language to say more about nouns or verbs e.g. adjectives and adverbs e.g. It is a rainy day. Alex ran fast.
· Write simple instructions that others can understand and follow.