Here are some targets to help you move onto to level 3a: I will
· Use appropriate feature of the type of writing I have to do.
· Practice saying what I want to write, ahead of writing it.
· Use my imagination based on what I already know when describing places and events in stories.
· Use powerful and exciting words to jazz up my writing in order to add variety and interest.
· Make my description of characters include their feelings and emotions if appropriate.
· Make sure ideas are relevant and not introduce new and unrelated ones into any part of my writing.
· Keep a dictionary of new and interesting words I come across in my reading and elsewhere and use these to make my writing more interesting.
· Learn all the spelling words in my year group list and use them in my writing.
· Use a dictionary and thesaurus to extend my vocabulary.
· Learn when to use these punctuation marks – ‘ . ? “” ; : - () -- ...
· Reread my writing to make sure that I have used the punctuation marks correctly.