Here are some targets to help you move onto to level 3c: I will
· Adapt my writing to the needs of the intended audience.
· Practise saying what I want to write, ahead of writing it.
· Use a beginning, middle and an ending to structure my stories.
· Set out other types of writing using their correct features.
· Try to use some different words that I have not used before in my writing.
· Describe characters and settings so the reader can get into the story.
· Include enough detail about each event in the story before moving on to another.
· I will not include more than three main events.
· Try to make sure I do not use the same words all the time e.g. I will use different words for ‘said’ and ‘went’.
· Include a satisfying ending or conclusion to my writing and not leave it hanging.
· Use all the words I have leant to spell in my writing.
· I will use a dictionary and thesaurus to help me get and spell interesting words.
· Join my letters and make my handwriting very legible.