Here are some targets to help you move onto to level 2a: I will
· Make my writing interesting so others will want to read it.
· Make sure I know how to set out different types of writing.
· Practice saying what I want to write, before I write it.
· Make my descriptions clear so that others will see what I mean. I will use words to paint my ideas.
· Link ideas clearly so the reader does not get confused.
· Spell words with digraphs e.g. Wh, ch, th, ph
· Spell long vowel phonemes (split diagraphs) correctly.
· Spell comparative nouns e.g. long. Longer. longest
· Spell all High Frequency Words from the Key Stage 1 list - the first 200 most common words.
· Use question marks for question words (Who, What, Where, When, How, Which).
· Use speech marks for dialogue.
· Use other common forms of capitalisation e.g. titles (Mr, Mrs) headings.
· I will use more interesting and powerful words to make my writing more interesting.
· I will borrow words from books that I have read or from other places like the television and people speaking to use in my writing.
· Write simple and compound sentences throughout my writing.
· Begin to join my handwriting so that it is more legible.