In my writing:
· I can use paragraphs to plan and organise my ideas.
· I can use direct and indirect speech to develop my character.
· I can use a variety of narrative techniques to begin my story e.g. description of setting, action, speech and dialogues.
· I can use ambitious and imaginative vocabulary to engage the reader throughout the writing.
· I can support my arguments with relevant details and points.
· I can adapt my writing to my reader.
· I can choose to use Standard English, colloquialism or dialect according to how formal my writing is.
· I can control use of complex sentences in my writing.
· I can use the full range of punctuation effectively and accurately including parenthesis.
· I can position clauses purposely within the sentence for effect.
· I have an individual style of handwriting which engages the reader.