In my writing:
· I can engage the reader through description of moods and feelings in my story.
· I can develop and extend my ideas in writing in variety of ways e.g. through character dialogue and actions.
· I can guide the reader by use of shifts in time and place e.g. through use of flashbacks.
· I can use setting description to create mood in my story writing.
· My characters interact with each other significantly.
· I can link paragraphs well.
· In nonfiction, I can use sections and subsections to organise my writing well.
· I can maintain my view point throughout the writing.
· I can use all parts of speech correctly in my sentences.
· I can use a variety of sentence types consistently and accurately: use a mixture of simple, compound and complex sentences.
· I can use a wider range of punctuation marks correctly in the writing – ‘ . ? ! “” ; : - () -- ...
· My spelling of polysyllabic words is faultless.
· My handwriting is consistent and fluent.