Writing performance descriptors for Kindergarten, Early Years and Reception classes:Level W (P8)
In my writing I am able to:
· I can begin to write different types of writing e.g. list and a story.
· I can use single letters or groups of letters to represent whole words in my writing.
· I can form simple sentences.
· I can leave spaces between words in my writing.
· I can attempt to use punctuation marks in my writing e.g. full stop.
· I can say what my writing means.
· I can use upper case and lower case letters correctly when writing my own name.
· I can hold a pencil correctly to form recognisable letters.
· I can use my phonics knowledge to spell some simple words correctly e.g. can.
· I can use my phonics knowledge to attempt to spell more complex words e.g. ‘laf’.