Here are some targets to help you move onto to level 2b: I will
· Make sure I have a good idea about who I am writing for.
· Make sure I know how to set the particular type of writing out, before I begin.
· Plan my ideas in a sequence that makes sense.
· Practice saying what I want to write, before I write it.
· Try to say more about nouns and verbs by using at least one describing word for each.
· Make my writing more interesting by starting new sentences in a different way each time e.g. Amy went for dinner with her friends last night or Last night Amy went for dinner with her friends.
· Have a word list close by so that I can find and use words I have not used before in my writing.
· Use more connectives like ‘because’ and ‘so’ in my writing to make my sentences longer.
· Begin to write in the correct tense. Use past tense for what happened earlier and present tense for what is happening now.
· Use more punctuation marks like question marks and exclamation marks to end my sentences when needed.
· Make wider use of capital letters in my writing e.g. for the start of people and places’ names.
· Remember not to mix capital letters and small letters in the sentence.
· Write ascenders (letters with a neck) and descenders (letters with a tail) correctly all the time.
· Learn my weekly spelling words lists and use them in my writing.
· Keep practising letter sounds and spelling patterns on my spelling list to help me spell words I am not sure of.
· Make my letters more legible and clear and form them with flicks.