Here are some targets to help you move onto to level 3b: I will
· Practice saying what I want to write, ahead of writing it.
· Link my writing to the subject I have to write about.
· Adapt my writing to the needs of the intended audience.
· Use appropriate feature of the type of writing I have to do.
· Use enough description to help my story unfold e.g. of settings.
· Include humour and suspense to make my writing lively when needed.
· Begin sentences in the writing in different ways e.g. with time connectives or with action.
· Use descriptive and other powerful words relevant to the situation.
· Reread my sentences to check that I have used the right punctuation marks.
· When I express my opinion, I will use generalisation words like ‘ ‘always’ ‘sometimes’ ‘never’ ‘rarely’.
· Learn all the spellings for my year group and use them in my writing.
· My handwriting is joined, regular and legible.