In my writing:
· Others can understand my writing without me reading it for them.
· I write simple sentences only.
· My writing consists of repeated simple sentences.
· My writing is more like spoken language than written language.
· I write for myself and do not show awareness of the reader.
· I can use only one capital letter and one full stop correctly in my writing.
· When I write, I stretch out the sounds in each word so that I am able to write them in the order in which they occur in the word.
· I can spell most common words from the first 100 words list correctly.
· I am beginning to spell more complex words correctly.
· I can remember some visual patterns in word spelling e.g. ‘all’ etc and words that sound the same but are spelt differently e.g. ‘it’ and ‘eat’.
· I can form all my letters correctly.