Writing performance descriptors for Kindergarten, Early Years and Reception classes:
Level W (P4)
In my writing I am able to:
· Make marks and symbols on paper or computer.
· Draw, paint or make mark on paper.
· Sometimes, I can give meaning to the marks I have made.
· Recognise which materials make marks.
· I can listen to and join in with stories and poems.
· Tell different sounds apart.
· Communicate with others using isolated words and phrases.
· Use hand and eye coordination in activities e.g. use a pair of scissors to cut along a dotted line.
· I have some control in my letter formation.