Here are some targets to help you move onto to level 4: I will
· Use appropriate feature of the type of writing I have to do.
· Use planning and writing frames, pair and talking partners to plan and structure my writing.
· Use a range of ways to present my writing e.g. tables, captions, headings, subheadings, diagrams and labels, speech and thought bubbles, enlarged, bold or italicised text.
· Practice saying what I want to write, ahead of writing it.
· Think about the audience when I choose my words and my style.
· Use adventurous vocabulary for effect.
· In story writing, use a range of beginnings to establish the time, place and setting e.g. begin with dialogue, action or flashback; use a range of endings e.g. cliff hanger, ellipses etc.
· Ensure agreement of singular with singular, and plural with plural.
· Use agreement between noun and verbs
· Ensure consistency of tense and subject
· Avoid double negatives.
· Avoid non- standard dialect words in formal writing.
· Learn when to use these punctuation marks – ‘ . ?! “” ; : - () -- ...
· Reread my writing to make sure that I have used the punctuation marks correctly.